Key points for the fortnight ending 24/01/2014 include:
- Event 108 on the GlobalDairyTrade (GDT) platform this week saw further convergence in dairy commodity returns, with positive moves for most major products pushing the GDT Price Index up 1.4%.
- Fonterra has announced plans to fund further growth in its Chinese operations by issuing its second round of bonds denominated in renminbi.
- US company Hilmar Cheese has announced plans to diversify its product offering through the construction of a milk powder processing plant in Turlock, California.
- Saputo (SAP) started the week with one acquisition and closed it with another.
- Pacific Equity Partners (PEP) has reportedly engaged PwC to do vendor due diligence on its Peters Ice-cream business, acquired from Nestle in 2012.