Classic Internet Banking
Classic Internet Banking is closing on 28 November 2018
Rural Bank introduced a new internet banking platform last year. The new interface makes it faster and easier for you to complete your transactions online. As part of Rural Bank’s future focused strategy, our new Internet Banking is more capable of adapting to advances in technology and more flexible than our old Internet Banking (Classic Internet Banking).
The new Internet Banking lets you do all the things you could do in Classic Internet Banking, with some additional features, such as emailing receipts and changing your personal details.
It also offers a consistent experience on your computer, tablet, and phone.
We recommend that you give the new interface another go as soon as you can, so that you have time to become familiar with it before Classic is no longer available on 28 November 2018.
We’re confident you’ll find the new platform easy to use, but if you need any help to find your way around you can view our frequently asked questions or contact our customer service team on 1300 660 115.
Is there anything I need to do?
You don’t need to do anything, except familiarise yourself with the new Internet Banking. The link to access Classic Internet Banking will be removed on 28 November, so you won’t be able to use the old platform from this date.
Some of the key features that you will notice that look different are:
- Bulk Payments
- The inclusion of Graphs that can be turned on or off, depending on your preference
- Ability to modify the amount of transaction information you see on the screen, so you can see less or more information depending on your preference: this is the last question on first page of the frequently asked questions
- Share payees: see the second page of the frequently asked questions
- Transaction description and reference for BPAY
- Saving a Pay Anyone payment reference has been replaced with the abiltiy to use one of your past three payment references.
Seven tips to help you get the most out of our new Internet Banking
1. Hide your account charts
- Choose in the top right corner of the screen, to access the 'Account Settings' page
- Choose 'Hide/show charts' (last option)
- Untick the accounts that you do not want to see the charts for
- Choose 'Save'.
2. Customise your 'Accounts' screen
- Choose in the top right corner of the screen to access 'Accounts Settings' page
- Follow the prompts to 'Re-order' the position of your accounts, 'Hide/show' accounts entirely, or 'Hide/show' charts on each account and more.
3. Display transactions in compact view
This view increases the number of transactions you can see on your screen and shows deposits, withdrawals and running balance. This is the last question on first page of the frequently asked questions
- Choose 'Accounts'
- Choose your account
- Choose 'Compact' view (large screens only)
4. Approve/decline a payment
If you have a payment to review you will notice a gold badge on the 'Activity' menu
- Choose 'Activity'
- Choose 'Actionable'. Any payments needing your attention will be here
- Choose 'Decline' or 'Approve'.
5. Make a payment
- Choose 'Move Money'
- Choose your payment type
- Follow the prompts
6. Find a transaction
- Choose 'Accounts'
- Choose the account with the transaction you're looking for
- Choose 'Filter' (just above where your transaction list starts)
- Complete and apply your filters.
7. Access your e-statements
- Choose your account
- Choose 'Statements'
- Choose the statement you'd like to view
Is there anything customers can’t do in the new Internet Banking?
There are some features that our customers are rarely using within Classic Internet Banking that won’t be available in the new system. However, you will be able to still get the information you need, you will just have a different way to do this:
- Cheque book ordering: This feature is rarely used and customers can order cheque books by contacting the Customer Service Team: 1300 660 115
- Faxing statements: Customers can view their statements by accessing E-Statements within Internet Banking
- Ability to order a token: Our more convenient free e-token will make it easier to transact online, or you can contact the Rural Bank Customer Service Team (1300 660 115) for a physical token.
For more information you can view our frequently asked questions or contact our customer service team on 1300 660 115.