Summary of key issues:
- During the past week, rainfall was recorded in eastern Australia, southern Western Australia, coastal South Australia and Tasmania.
- Maximum temperatures were average to below average across the entire continent during the past week.
- The rainfall forecast for the next eight days indicates that rainfall is likely to be limited to southern regions of the continent.
- Water storage levels in the Murray–Darling Basin have increased by 129 gigalitres this week and are at 56 per cent of total capacity.
- The world wheat indicator price (US No. 2 hard red winter, free on board Gulf ports) averaged US$313 a tonne in the week ending 17 June 2014.
- The Australian grain sorghum indicator price (Sydney) was $295 a tonne in the week ending 18 June 2014.
- The Queensland young cattle indicator price (330 – 400 kg live weight C3) averaged 330 cents a kilogram in the week ending 13 June 2014.
- Changes in the saleyard indicator price of lamb (18–22kg fat score 2–4) were mixed in the week ending 13 June 2014.