Key points for the fortnight ending 21/02/2014 include:
- GlobalDairyTrade event 110 concluded this week with the GDT Price Index down 1.2%.
- DairyAmerica and Fonterra have confirmed they will not renew the export agreement that for the past 13 years has seen Fonterra act as DairyAmerica’s SMP export agent.
- US milk production data for January confirmed a modest increase of 0.9% in milk production for that month compared with January 2013.
- Fonterra has announced further expansion works, with NZ$32m to be spent boosting sliced cheese capacity at its Eltham plant in NZ.
- Bega Cheese (BGA) announced its results for the first half of financial year 2014.
- Murray Goulburn (MG) also announced half-year results, along with its fourth farm gate price step-up of the season.