Summary of key issues:
- Over the past week, rainfall was mainly recorded across the tropical north of the continent.
- Maximum and minimum temperatures were between 2 and 6 degrees Celsius above their respective long-term average levels across much of central and south-east Australia during the past week.
- Neutral El Niño/SouthernOscillation conditions persist across the tropical Pacific Ocean.
- Water storage levels in the Murray–Darling Basin have decreased by 262 gigalitres this week and are at 54 per cent of total capacity.
- The world wheat indicator price (US No. 2 hard red winter, free on board Gulf ports) averaged US$319 a tonne in the week ending 11 March 2014.
- The Australian grain sorghum indicator price (Sydney) was largely unchanged in week ending 12 March 2014 at $353 a tonne.
- The sale yard prices of lamb rose in most states in the week ending 7 March 2014.
- The Queensland young cattle indictor price (330 – 400 kg live weight C3) declined by around 4 per cent in the week ending 7 March 2014 to 314 cents a kilogram.