Step 4: Close your old account
- Check that all of your regular payments are transferred before you close your account.
- Ensure you have given your employer your new account details.
- If you have direct debits or direct credits linked to your old Debit VISA/MasterCard or credit card, please contact the company you have arrangements with and let them know your new details.
- Periodical payments will need to be treated separately. Please use online banking or contact the Customer Service Centre for assistance.
- BPAY/Pay Anyone payments will need to be treated separately. Details of internet banking recurring BPAY and Pay Anyone payments can be found by accessing your internet banking prior to closing your account.
- Finally, contact your old bank to close the account.
For assistance with any of these steps, please contact Rural Bank Customer Service.
Browse our help topic