How we protect you
Rural Bank is very conscious of protecting the security of its customers information. We have taken several steps to ensure the confidentiality of your personal and account information. These include:
- Robust firewall technology to prevent unauthorised access to the Bank's systems
- A security team that constantly monitors the system for suspicious activity and we have implemented world class security measures to address the issues associated with banking online.
- The generation of automatic alerts when abnormal activities occur
- 256 bit data encryption to protect your password, account details and other sensitive information including any messages sent via Secure Email, from being accessed by an unauthorised party; and
- A short time-out limit that automatically logs you off and ends your session.
Data encryption is used as a means of disguising messages sent from one computer to another computer to obscure its meaning. Rural Bank employs the highest level of encryption available via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to protect your personal details.
Visible indicators that you are securely connected include the 'padlock' symbol usually displayed in the bottom left hand corner of your browser screen at and after log-on.
You can double click on it to confirm that the certificate of authenticity has been issued to Rural Bank.
The website address in the address bar of your Internet browser should always be prefixed by https as shown in the following example https://banking.ruralbank.com.au/Logon/login.page. This ensures you are on our secure web server.
Rural Bank general information screens are not data encrypted as they do not allow any private information to be processed. These screens are prefixed by http only.
Rural Bank Security Tokens
Rural Bank offers all internet banking customers an option to use security tokens as an added level of security, or for PayAnyone access the use of security tokens are compulsory. Learn more about security tokens.
Browse our help topic
- Internet Banking
- Affordable banking
- Closing your accounts
- Deceased estate
- Digital Acceptance
- Disputing a card transaction
- Financial abuse support
- Vulnerable customer support
- Financial difficulty assistance
- Hardship and disaster assistance
- Health and wellbeing
- Our network
- Regular payments
- Switch to Rural Bank