Skip to main content

Help home
Affordable banking Closing your accounts Deceased estate Disputing a card transaction Health and wellbeing

Additional assistance*

If our team can't help you with financial abuse, or you would like more assistance, there are a number of external agencies you might like to contact.  Here are their details.

  • 1800RESPECT
    A national family or domestic violence and sexual assault support service.
    24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
    Phone: 1800 737 732
    Website: 1800RESPECT
  • Centrelink
    Centrelink is an Australian Government Statutory Agency assisting people to become self-sufficient and supporting those in need.
    For help in an emergency:
    Phone: 132 850
    Website: Department of Human Services
  • Lifeline
    Provides crisis support and suicide prevention services
    24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
    Phone: 131 114
    Website: Lifeline Australia
  • National Debt Hotline
    You can talk on the phone to a financial counsellor from anywhere in Australia.
    Hours: 9.30am - 4.30pm Mon-Fri
    Phone: 1800 007 007
    Website: National Debt Hotline
  • Community Legal Centre (CLC)
    Community legal centres focus on helping people who don’t qualify for legal aid and mainly help people with civil and family law issues, like debt, family violence, tenancy, employment law and relationship breakdown.
    Find your local CLC: National Association of Community Legal Centres
  • Family Relationship Advice Line
    Information and advice on family relationship issues and parenting arrangements after separation.
    8am-8pm Monday to Friday
    10am-4pm Saturday.
    Phone: 1800 050 321
    Website: Family Relationship Advice Line
  • Women's Legal Services Australia
    Provides face-to-face legal advice through outreach services and runs a partnership to provide family law advice through Family Relationship Centres. These websites have a 'search by postcode' function which directs clients to relevant local services.
    Websites: Women's Legal Services Australia
  • Money Smart
    You can get guidance on general financial matters, as well as specific information on protecting your money and yourself from financial abuse.
    Website: Money Smart
  • Legal Aid - legal support
    Can provide advice on intervention orders, family law and civil / credit and debt matters.
    Website: Legal Aid


* We do not endorse or take responsibility or liability for the advice provided by the referral agencies.

Browse our help topic

Rural Bank - A Division of Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Limited
© Copyright 2020 Rural Bank | ABN 11 068 049 178 | AFSL/Australian Credit Licence 237879