Day to day banking
Income streams aren’t easy to control in farming. We have products that let you control your own money and give you access to finance from day to day and when you need it most.
See also - Day to day banking options in Banking for everyone.
Why be limited by your seasonal income cycle? With a Rural Bank Seasonal Account you can have easy access to finance all year round.
A Rural Bank Seasonal Account is an all-in-one account that lets you do all your banking, plus gives you the option of a working capital facility with a Seasonal Overdraft.
When your account is in credit, you’ll earn interest at our current rate. When you’re in debit, you’ll pay a competitive rate of interest – your choice of monthly, quarterly or every six months.
There’s no minimum opening balance, or any minimum balance you need to maintain. You can use your Seasonal Account whenever you need – with perfect freedom.
- No minimum opening or ongoing balance requirement
- A Rural Bank Visa Debit card to give you convenient access to your account*
- Access to Rural Bank's Internet and Phone Banking service 24 hours per day, 7 days a week
- Competitive interest rate on credit balances with interest calculated daily and paid either monthly, quarterly or 6 monthly
- Choose from 6 monthly, quarterly or monthly statements
- Optional business chequebook
- Optional Seasonal Overdraft facility
How do I apply / find out more?
Frequently asked questions
Seasonal Account deposit interest rates
Seasonal Account deposits
$500 to $4,999
$5,000 to $9,999
$10,000 to 49,999
$50,000 to $149,999
$150,000 to $249,999
Rates apply for Seasonal and Business Cheque Accounts with a credit (positive) balance. Interest rates quoted on a per annum basis and subject to change without notice. Interest rates on Seasonal and Business Cheque Accounts is variable, calculated daily on a tiered basis and credited to the account at the same frequency as debit interest (either monthly, quarterly or six-monthly).
Overdrawn interest rate
Overdrawn interest rate
All overdrawn balances
Applies to any unauthorised overdrawn balance on Everyday, Gold Cash Management, Money For Living, Interest Earning at Call, Seasonal (with no credit facility) and Seasonal Plus accounts. Quoted interest rate is on a per annum basis, variable and subject to change without notice. Interest is calculated daily on the closing balance and charged monthly.
Financial Claims Scheme
The Financial Claims Scheme protects depositors through the provision of a guarantee on deposits (up to a cap) held in Authorised Deposit-taking Institutions (ADIs) in Australia and allows quick access to their deposits if an ADI becomes insolvent. As such please note the following information:
- As Rural Bank is a part of the Bendigo & Adelaide Bank Group, deposits with Rural Bank are covered by the Financial Claims Scheme;
- You may be entitled to a payment under the Financial Claims Scheme in the event of Bendigo & Adelaide Bank becoming insolvent;
- Accessibility to the Financial Claims Scheme is subject to eligibility criteria; and
- Information about the Financial Claims Scheme can be found at the APRA website at www.apra.gov.au/financial-claims-scheme and the APRA Hotline on 1300 558 849.
The following has been provided to inform you on the Financial Claims Scheme.
1. What is the Financial Claims Scheme?
The Financial Claims Scheme (FCS) is an Australian Government scheme that provides protection and quick access to deposits in banks, building societies and credit unions in the unlikely event that one of these financial institutions fails. Under the FCS, certain deposits are protected up to a limit of $250,000 for each account holder at any bank, building society, credit union or other authorised deposit-taking institution (ADI) that is incorporated in Australia and authorised by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA).
The FCS can only come into effect if it is activated by the Australian Government when an institution fails. Once activated, the FCS will be administered by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). In an FCS scenario, APRA would aim to pay the majority of customers their protected deposits under the Scheme within seven calendar days.
2. How is the FCS limit applied?
The FCS limit of $250,000 applies to the sum of an account holder's deposits under the one banking license. Therefore, all deposits held by an account holder with a single banking institution must be added together towards the $250,000 FCS limit, and this includes accounts with any other banking businesses that the licenced banking institution may operate under a different trading name.
3. Where can I get further information on the FCS?
Further information on the FCS is available on the FCS website - www.fcs.gov.au.
Fees and charges
For all Rural Bank fees and charges, download the Schedule of fees and charges document.
Interest rates quoted are subject to change without notice. This information has been prepared without taking into account your personal circumstances, objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms, conditions, fees and charges may apply. Full details are available on application, by phoning our Customer Service Centre on 1300 660 115, online or by visiting your local branch. All information is subject to change. Products are issued by Rural Bank.