Savings and investments
Online Saver Account
Our Rural Bank ONE Online Saver account enables people, businesses and self-managed superannuation holders in both metropolitan and regional Australia the opportunity to invest in a high interest saver account via the convenience of the Internet.
Provides you with access to your funds via Internet Banking. Earn a high rate of return and make the most of your savings while enjoying the convenience and flexibility of having your funds available at call.
- High variable rate of interest
- No account keeping or transaction fees
- Flexible online access to funds via BPAY® and our PayAnyone* service.
- Our online application only takes minutes and is completely paperless**
- Online account access
- Interest paid monthly to the account
- Available for personal, business and DIY super applicants
- Maximum balance $2 million per customer^
How do I apply / find out more?
Frequently asked questions
Online saver account interest rates
Personal Online Saver Account (Rural Bank ONE)
$0 - $4,999
$5,000 - $2,000,000
Business / DIY Super Online Saver Account (Rural Bank ONE)
$5,000 - $2,000,000
Interest rates quoted on a per annum basis. Interest rates are current as of 17 July 2019 and subject to change without notice. Rural Bank ONE Saver rates are variable, calculated daily and credited monthly on the first day of the following month.
Financial Claims Scheme
The Financial Claims Scheme protects depositors through the provision of a guarantee on deposits (up to a cap) held in Authorised Deposit-taking Institutions (ADIs) in Australia and allows quick access to their deposits if an ADI becomes insolvent. As such please note the following information:
- As Rural Bank is a part of the Bendigo & Adelaide Bank Group, deposits with Rural Bank are covered by the Financial Claims Scheme;
- You may be entitled to a payment under the Financial Claims Scheme in the event of Bendigo & Adelaide Bank becoming insolvent;
- Accessibility to the Financial Claims Scheme is subject to eligibility criteria; and
- Information about the Financial Claims Scheme can be found at the APRA website at www.apra.gov.au/financial-claims-scheme and the APRA Hotline on 1300 558 849.
The following has been provided to inform you on the Financial Claims Scheme.
1. What is the Financial Claims Scheme?
The Financial Claims Scheme (FCS) is an Australian Government scheme that provides protection and quick access to deposits in banks, building societies and credit unions in the unlikely event that one of these financial institutions fails. Under the FCS, certain deposits are protected up to a limit of $250,000 for each account holder at any bank, building society, credit union or other authorised deposit-taking institution (ADI) that is incorporated in Australia and authorised by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA).
The FCS can only come into effect if it is activated by the Australian Government when an institution fails. Once activated, the FCS will be administered by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). In an FCS scenario, APRA would aim to pay the majority of customers their protected deposits under the Scheme within seven calendar days.
2. How is the FCS limit applied?
The FCS limit of $250,000 applies to the sum of an account holder's deposits under the one banking license. Therefore, all deposits held by an account holder with a single banking institution must be added together towards the $250,000 FCS limit, and this includes accounts with any other banking businesses that the licenced banking institution may operate under a different trading name.
3. Where can I get further information on the FCS?
Further information on the FCS is available on the FCS website - www.fcs.gov.au.
Fees and charges
For all Rural Bank ONE fees and charges, download the Schedule of fees and charges document.
Interest rates quoted are subject to change without notice. This information has been prepared without taking into account your personal circumstances, objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms, conditions, fees and charges may apply. Full details are available on application, by phoning our Customer Service Centre on 1300 660 115, online or by visiting your local branch. All information is subject to change. Products are issued by Rural Bank.
*Requires a Rural Bank security token. Subject to a maximum transfer limit of $15,000 per day, terms and conditions apply.
**Completely paperless - For applicants who satisfy the requirements for online identity verification.
^Combined value of Rural Bank ONE Saver and/or Rural Bank ONE Term Deposit accounts (whether individual or joint) can not exceed $2,000,000 unless agreed to by Rural Bank.
BPAY® registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518