Day to day banking
Our Everyday Account is a simple bank account for anyone who wants flexible options for their personal banking.
- Rural Bank Visa Debit Card to access your funds through ATMs, EFTPOS or online shopping
- Transact at Australia Post retail outlets displaying the Bank@Post™ symbol
- Optional personal cheque book
- Access to Rural Bank's Internet and Phone Banking service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Unlimited EFTPOS, Rural Bank, Bendigo Bank and Suncorp ATM transactions, personal cheque withdrawals, BPAY®, Internet and Phone Banking, Direct debits and Credits and 4 Bank@Post™ transactions per month (a monthly service fee may apply – see our Schedule of Fees and Charges)
- Six-monthly, quarterly or monthly statements
How do I apply / find out more?
Frequently asked questions
Everyday Account interest rates
$500 to $4999
$5,000 to $9,999
$10,000 to $49,999
$50,000 to $149,999
$150,000 to $249,999
Interest rates quoted on a per annum basis and subject to change without notice. Interest on Everyday Accounts is variable, calculated daily on a tiered basis and credited on the first day of the following month. Minimum opening balance is $1.
Overdrawn interest rate
Overdrawn interest rate
All overdrawn balances
Applies to any unauthorised overdrawn balance on Everyday, Gold Cash Management, Money For Living, Interest Earning at Call, Seasonal (with no credit facility) and Seasonal Plus accounts. Quoted interest rate is on a per annum basis, variable and subject to change without notice. Interest is calculated daily on the closing balance and charged monthly.
Financial Claims Scheme
Deposits with Rural Bank are covered by the Financial Claims Scheme. The account holder may be entitled to payment under the Financial Claims Scheme. Payments under the Scheme are subject to a limit for each depositor. Information about the Financial Claims Scheme can be obtained from the APRA website at www.fcs.gov.au and the APRA hotline on 1300 55 88 49.
Fees and charges
For all Rural Bank fees and charges, download the Schedule of fees and charges document.
Interest rates quoted are subject to change without notice. This information has been prepared without taking into account your personal circumstances, objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms, conditions, fees and charges may apply. Full details are available on application, by phoning our Customer Service Centre on 1300 660 115, online or by visiting your local branch. All information is subject to change. Products are issued by Rural Bank Limited.