Key points for the fortnight ending 20/09/2013 include:
- Data released overnight hints that the US production response to more favourable on-farm margins is beginning to be felt.
- The GlobalDairyTrade auction platform celebrated its 100th event this week with the GDT price index increasing 0.3% amid mixed movements amongst key products.
- Bega Cheese (BGA) lodged a formal takeover bid for Warrnambool Cheese & Butter (WCB).
- Burra has announced its second step-up of the 2013/14 season
- Local media have reported that Van Diemen’s Land Company (VDL), the largest corporate dairy farming operation in Australia, is the subject of sale negotiations.
- ABC reported that Raleigh Dairy Holdings, another significant NZ-owned dairy farm operation, is up for sale.