Summary of key issues:
- During the past week rainfall was recorded in much of eastern Australia and southwest Western Australia.
- General water security allocations have increased in New South Wales for the Murray and Murrumbidgee Valleys.
- Water storage levels in the Murray–Darling Basin increased by 199 gigalitres (GL) this week and are at 67 per cent of total capacity.
- The world wheat indicator price (US No. 2 hard red winter, free on board Gulf ports) averaged US$281 a tonne in the week ending 19 Aug 2014.
- The Global Dairy Trade (GDT) weighted average price of skim milk powder declined by around 12 per cent to US$2874 a tonne on 19 August 2014.
- The Queensland young cattle indictor price (330–400 kg live weight C3) averaged 334 cents a kilogram in the week ending 15 August 2014.
- The saleyard indicator price of lamb (18–22kg fat score 2–4) fell in most states in the week ending 15 August 2014.