Summary of key issues:
- During the past week, rainfall in excess of 15 millimetres was mainly restricted to the far north of Australia.
- April rainfall was average to extremely high across much of northern, central and southern Australia.
- Water storage levels in the Murray–Darling Basin decreased this week by 11 gigalitre (GL) and are at 53 per cent of total capacity.
- The world wheat indicator price (US No. 2 hard red winter, free on board Gulf ports) averaged US$342 a tonne in the week ending 29 April 2014.
- The Australian grain sorghum indicator price (Sydney) was $343 a tonne in the week ending 30 April 2014.
- The Queensland young cattle indicator price (330 – 400 kg live weight C3) averaged 330 cents a kilogram in the week ending 25 April 2014.
- Changes to the saleyard prices of lamb were mixed in the week ending 25 April 2014.